Feb/March Karl Updates

I have been remiss, once again, in writing blog posts.  I will do my best to be better at updating in the future.

In February Karl got to spend time with two of his favorite people- his grandma's!  Grandma came up to see a concert at the Kennedy Center and the following day Nana came out for lunch.  Karl can't get enough of these ladies and follows them around like a lost puppy whenever they are near.  I am so thankful to have both of my mom's living relatively close by.

This February also brought weeks of illness to our house.  Either Karl or I had a cold at any given time.  When we thought we were all well Karl came down with strep!  Poor guy.  After a few days of antibiotics he was back to his old self again.  Luckily, we didn't get any of his friends sick.  
 Once we were back on the road to health we started visiting our favorite haunts.  Here Karl is relaxing at the library with a good book.

At the playground in our neighborhood:







Just a few days ago Karl and I discovered a near by farm that has baby pigs & lambs!  We took a picnic and enjoyed walking around listening to all the animal sounds we practice at home.

7 day old lamb
 Karl loved looking at the piglets.  He kept saying "aren't they cute?"

 Karl trying to figure out the difference between hens and the rooster

 Sheep in a "yucky water" pasture
 "ewww...dat's yucky water"
 Shortly after this picture was taken, the goat on the left came over to the fence and tried to get a taste of Karl.  He thought it was hilarious and named the goat "charlie" as the quick lick reminded him of our own goat-dog.

A real farm hand knows how to stand on a fence and gaze out over the cattle.

 Better get mowing!

Karl and I have a lot of fun together and he is so good at keeping himself entertained while I take a shower or use the restroom.  After a recent shower I came back to our room to discover that Karl had found a bunch of "stickers" (panty liners) and had stuck them all over the floor.  Life is never boring!


2 comments:

Cynthia said...

Those are all so cute! I'm jealous of his time with the sheep :) The "stickers" story is hilarious!

Masha said...

Oh.my.gosh. Karl is HUGE! I can't believe how old he looks. And I can't believe how long it's been since we've seen each other. We'll be home in 2.5 months, and we'll be there about 7 weeks. Definitely need you to take us to the farm. The girls would love that. Good to see all the photos. We miss you!